Learn to serve gluten-free food safely and improve the quality of life for those with celiac disease and other gluten-related disorders.
Beyond Celiac, formerly the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness (NFCA), is excited to announce that the GREAT Kitchens and Schools, Colleges and Camps courses are being brought to you free of charge by U Mass Club, Barilla and AllergyEats. That's a $100 value!
The GREAT Kitchens & Schools courses teach everyone from the front-of-house to the back-of-house the ins and outs of safe gluten-free food preparation. It will thoroughly address each step in creating a team-based approach with industry best practices, including each staff member’s role in providing a safe gluten-free dining experience for your customers.
When: Monday, September 19, 2016
Where: U Mass Club - Amherst/Boston Room
1 Beacon Street
Boston, MA 02108
Beyond Celiac thanks U Mass Club, Barilla and AllergyEats for making this event possible!
Two sessions are available:
GREAT Kitchens – 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
Who should attend: All restaurant owners, operators, chefs, Front-of-House and Back-of-House managers, registered dietitians, healthcare foodservice professionals, correctional institution foodservice professionals and foodservice distributor sales associates
GREAT Schools - 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Who should attend: All K-12, college and university dining services, dietetic directors and managers, school nutritiona professionals, registered dietitians, daycare providers and school culinary professionals
Lunch will be provided from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m., compliments of Barilla for attendees at both sessions. Please indicate if you'll be enjoying lunch when you register.
Here's what you'll receive as added value during this in-person training session:
- Exam at the end of the session with Certificate of Completion provided by email
- Comprehensive printed GREAT manuals will be available (Manuals are $25 each and must be paid for during online registration)
- GREAT is recognized or approved by the American Culinary Federation for continuing education units. The program is also accredited with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- GREAT programs are included in the USDA Professional Standards database and qualify for professional growth requirements for school nutrition professionals
- Opportunity for your establishment to apply for GREAT Accreditation, which includes marketing benefits
About the Training Manual
- This manual will be your guide book following the session and contains comprehensive information and resources to put your training into practice; the manual is 100-pages of reference materials, logs and helpful resources.
Pre-register for the course using the form below.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION! Please read before completing the form below.
After you fill out the form below, you will automatically be redirected to a website called Network for Good to purchase your GREAT manual - a must-have resource for any kitchen! Training manuals are $25 each.
Your registration will be complete after you fill out the form below, but you'll still need to purchase a manual. If a colleague has already purchased your training manual, you do not need to take any further action after filling out the form below.
Please contact Beckee Moreland (contact information below) should you have any questions.